SuperLife provides KiwiSaver, investment, superannuation and insurance solutions to over 50,000 members. For over 15 years we have focused on what matters most to our members:
A passive investment philosophy
- We believe that a passive approach to investing will deliver better long-term results. We do not think that constantly changing our investments (that is, trading regularly and seeking short-term gains) consistently adds value to investors.
- We believe that no one knows what will happen in the economy and the investment markets over a particular future period. While history may give us some insights, history also tells us that each period can be different.
- Our fees are among the lowest in the market. We don’t charge performance based fees or commissions.
- Fees matter. The impact of even small fee differences each year can be significant over time.
- It is our view that investment management is an exception to the rule "you get what you pay for" - we do not believe high-fee fund managers will deliver superior performance over time.
- Each of our four schemes (KiwiSaver, investments, workplace savings and UK pension transfer) offers access to the same broad range of investment options.
- Investors can set and change their investment strategies at any time, free of charge.
- This means being honest about what we can and can’t do for you.
- We will always quote investment returns after (net of) total fund charges and taxes. This is because we believe this information is more useful for you.
Exceptional customer service
- We are focused on providing you with information to help you make informed decisions. This does not include personalised financial advice.
SuperLife is managed by Smartshares Limited, which is a wholly owned subsidiary of NZX Limited. We are a member of the Financial Services Complaints Limited Scheme (our supervisor, Public Trust, is also a member), which is an independent dispute resolution scheme.
The Financial Services Complaints Limited Scheme will not charge you a fee to investigate or resolve a complaint.